My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Baptism, why? (IV) The purpose..our desire

---continuing

Dearest brothers and sisters, I do hope that you do not get bored to receive e-mail from me :)hehehe. Let me continue my sharing on my reflection on baptism.

All this time I have been talking on the purpose of our lives. Well, How does that relate to baptism that I intended to share with all ofyou. I will try to explain it later on.

Before that I would like to share more on this purpose of our lives.You know, it might seem simple and obvious to us. The church and the bible said about sharing life with God, about union with God, about partaker in Divine nature. Don't you think that this is too difficult to comprehend. What does it mean? How do we have this share in God's Nature in His loving plan for us?

But I believe the more important questions that I ever ask is not what does this whole thing means. But simply, Do I believe in His plan and Am I willing to Follow Him?

It is not easy to follow what God wants, I say. And most of the times we choose our own purpose, our own plan. We seek what our lives is all about in things that will not give us the answer.

I still remember one sentence that Br. derrick mentioned during RCIA.It's the words of St. Thomas Aquinas, "God alone satisfies".

I asked my self then, do I really believe God ALONE satisfies? As I reflect on this thing I found one passage in the CCC.

27 The desire for God is written in the human heart, because man is created by God and for God; and God never ceases to draw man to himself. Only in God will he find the truth and happiness he never stops searching for:

The dignity of man rests above all on the fact that he is called to communion with God. This invitation to converse with God is addressed to man as soon as he comes into being. For if man exists it is because God has created him through love, and through love continues to hold him in existence. He cannot live fully according to truth unless he freely acknowledges that love and entrusts himself to his creator.

Wow, I was amazed at this, it says we canNOT live fully unless we acknowledges God's love and give our live to God.

We cannot Live fully until we say to ourselves, "Yes, God is in mylife, God loves me, and I want to entrust my life to God, I want to give my life to God".

Have I said that to my self? Have I live fully then all this time? inGod alone we find our fulfillment. God alone satisfies. Do weacknowledge this truth?

I once reflect on this irony of life. In certain degree in our liveswe know that in God alone we find our happiness and our fulfillment inlife, and yet somehow we just ignore it and we just could not give ourlives to God.

And we keep on looking for things that satisfies us, things that bring us happiness, and yet we might never find it, simply because of that "somehow" we just could not trust God and give ourlives to God. Do we acknowledge that in God we will find what we are looking for? God alone satisfies. This is our desire. this is our desire because it was God who planted it. That is why we have this feeling of "notsatisfied" in life, because there is none that can satisfy us, none except God.

"Our hearts are made for You, O Lord. And it will not rest untill it rests in You." --St. Augustine

Next: The purpose..what does it mean?
----to be continued

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home