My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Saturday, January 15, 2005

Baptism, why? (II) The Purpose...

continuing....

Yes, What is Paschal Mystery? and How is it related to our lives' purpose? What is the purpose of our lives?

I will not try to give a close answer for this questions for everyone, I simply share how I feel as I read the books and how I feel that this is what God is telling me.

I could not remember exactly the words. But this is what is planted in my mind and in my heart, "God created us so that He may share His own DIVINE Life. So that we may be in Union with this Divine Life, in union with GOD".

How amazing it is!!. we are created so that we may in union with GOD. We, the creation, in union with the Creator. GOD, the Creator, wants to share HIS own LIFE, His own divinity to us His creation. I am so amazed at this statement.

For some of us, it might be difficult to see this as a purpose of our lives. Of course, It is difficult for me as well. And why is it we can not except this truth as our life's purpose? Simply because this is not what we are thinking of life. This might not be what we want. This is the purpose that is being imposed to me. Why should we accept it?

I once read the book "Purpose Driven Life". It is a christian book. And the opening chapter realized me of one truth in searching my life's purpose. I started from the wrong starting point.

As we ask ourselves what is our life's purpose, we always start from ourselves, we ask what we want? what are the things that bring us happiness? what is my dream? How do I want to spend my life? Who are the person that can bring me happiness?

And the writer of the book said we won't find our live's purpose if we start from ourselves, from the point of view "ME" and "I".

Where then we should start? We should start from the one who creates us! We should seek the creator and find the answer in the creater. How can we find answer on what's the purpose of creation is if we us the creation itself?

If for example our friend invent something new. We might try to guess what is it meant for but we never really sure. How do we make sure? We should ask our friend who invent it. So ask God.

We never finds our lives' purpose might be because we start form ourselves. And when God is trying to tell us, we are having difficulty to accept it. If only we try to accept it, maybe we will find what we are looking for this time long.

Next: The Purpose...what the church say
----to be continue

1 Comments:

Blogger Stevie B said...

Hey
These are some good thoughts, however, I'm not sure if you realize it or not but your font is so small it is extremely difficult to read.
Otherwise, keep up the good entries.

9:38 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home