My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Baptism, why? (I)

Testing.. testing :)
I would like to post my reflection on the wonders of baptism:

Dearest brothers and sisters,
I would just like to share some of my reflection on baptism and the purpose of our lives. It might be quite long, so I will share it in several e-mails hehehe.

You know, I was born Catholic. And I believe for many of us who were baptized when we were baby, we might wondering what is baptism is all about.

I was wondering as well. I asked my self, "What is baptism? I don't remember it, I do not feel it, it seems I do not experience it at all, I only know that my parents told me that I have been baptized."

Another questions that I often ask is that what is the purpose of my life. It seems to be the questions that everyone is asking, or yet to ask in their lives. And there was one moment in my life I decided and said to myself, "Well, maybe it's a mystery by itself, I do not need to bother with the purpose of my life, I just need to live it as best as I should. Maybe I would never know the real purpose of my life."

Well, to me my life's purpose is still clouded with questions. But God shows me that we should know the purpose of our lives. It is this purpose that drives us, it will moves us, it will help us to see the reality of God's love. It shows the splendour of Christian lives. It makes our lives directed to one end. What is this end then?

You might be wondering why I jump from baptism to the topic of life's purpose. Well, to be honest I was reflecting about baptism when suddenly God reminds me on this life's purpose and how baptism leads us to this end.

Going back to our lives' purpose. I started to reflect about this in this recent year. There was a Eucharistic Congress in Singapore and the Archdiocese invited a speaker from Blessed Sacrament priest to preach in this congress, his name is Errasto Fernandes. Before that time I was attending a retreat Youth in The Spirit Seminar and during the retreat they are selling books, religous books.

I was interested in one of the books, titled "The Bread We Break", it's about Eucharist. It was written by this Father Errasto Fernandes. Unfortunately, I have spend up all my money in my pockets, and it lefts 4 dollars only :p. But I really wanted to read the books because I really wanted to know more on the Eucharist, the sacraments that I receive and yet most I could not appreciate. After a while I realized that they give the books and CDs for free. Amazing ! We only need to give a love offering. And I give my 4 dollars to see what is inside the book.

When I read this book, I was touched and strucked as I read the chapter "Paschal Mystery". It talks about The Purpose of our Life. And What is Paschal Mystery is all about.

Next: The Purpose...
----to be continued

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home